Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Super Pregnant post...

Right now I'm sitting with my feet propped up on the coffee table, on top of a couch pillow, with my digital camera balanced on my tummy. We've got the College World Series on tv, hoping to watch South Carolina shut it down tonight and bring home a second Nat'l Title. The hubby has just declared to everyone on the den (me and the dog) his desire to be on a soccer team-not likely since he works 9 hour days and we live in a small town which I doubt has a soccer team-regardless he's dribbling a soccer ball back and forth across our living room and kitchen as I write this post.
I felt a strong urge tonight to post about something that I've always been passionate about but have become even more so over the past 8 months... food! I have this awesome, easy, tried and true recipe for cold crab pasta salad. I have to share it with you. It's especially amazing in the summer and totally healthy. A heaping bowl of it is only around 300 calories! So here it is:

Layne's Cold Crab Salad

1 box of wheat noodles- I like penne
approximately 1/2 cup lite mayo
approximately 1/4 cup fat free italian dressing
cucumber
celery
package of imitation crab meat
salt and pepper

Boil noodles and drain.
With a fork shred the crab meat
Dice the cucumber and celery- i normally use a whole cuke, and 1 or 2 stalks of celery but it's up to you
Add the mayo and dressing to the pasta, veggies and crab meat.
With a big spoon mix and mix and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
(note: You can alter the mayo/dressing amounts based on how "wet" you want the pasta, but obviously the more you use the higher the cals...)
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Awww yeah! So good, and it keeps all week. I pack it in my lunch for work every day when I make it! So delish- sorry about the photo quality. A professional camera is going on my xmas list for the hubs to get me- what better time than when we have a gorgeous baby crawling around...



I have been all about some food lately, I can't fight it any longer, the only thing I can do at this point is just continue to exercise. This chick in my stomach is growing like a weed, she needs the food I'm craving- I figure as long as I don't have too many crappy junk food days and I keep working out, then I can live with myself. Speaking of Noah- I had a blast at my first baby shower! It was surreal to be receiving baby things...I looked at a bottle drying rack and it blew my mind that in a just a few more weeks stuff like that would be on my kitchen counter. So weird.
I have another doctors appointment next Wednesday and I am convinced that my doctor is going to tell me Noah is huge and that I'm going to deliver early, because there is no way this child is not already 6 or 7 pounds and counting, right. I mean yesterday I actually thought the skin on my stomach was being ripped open there was so much pressure from her stretching out in there....alas, with my luck she's still only a pound and I'm going to have to endure another 9 weeks of massive growth and holy moly, I cant even think about it!!



So take a gander and those precious prints!! I went to Hobby Lobby today and that can only mean one thing.....Nursery Wall Art!!! I'm starting a project to make some super dooper cute wall decor for Noah's nursery. It's going to take about 2 weeks because I've enlisted the help of my sister-in-law for some stenciling and expert cutting- and I don't see her again until after the 4th of July, but it's going to be fabulous. Of course I'll post final product pictures.

That's all for now, folks. I'm about to go rip Chad's head off of his shoulders because if he's not licking all of the cinnabon glaze off his fingers and smacking, then he's crunching ice, and I'm a woman on the verge of going ballistic. Mouth noises are my nails on a chalk board. Other than that, life is lovely. Hope y'all are having a great week! Layne...




No comments: