Tuesday, June 7, 2011

This is my town...(nana-na-na-naaah)

I had the most perfect small-town experience today on my way home from work. I stopped at a produce stand that I frequent often that sits off the side of I-20 because I've been going through produce crazy fast this summer and I needed some more tomatoes. Baby girl is loving up some tomatoes. Here's the scene: I'm there in my black peep-toe wedges, work outfit, pearls, etc. (don't get me wrong I wasn't rockin' designer duds but I looked very put together) the other shopper was a gentleman who I'd say was probably mid 50's maybe as old as mid 60's...he was barefoot and wearing pajama pants that he'd cut into shorts and had his Jack Russell "Skippy" with him running around all of the food unleashed. We were two completely different people, I'd guess living two completely different lifestyles but he was from my town and that makes him my neighbor. We shared such a quaint sweet moment the two of us under one produce tent chatting about our love of "maters" and dogs. That is what I have absolutely come to LOVE about this town! I work in Augusta, GA surrounded by big names, big stores, everything and anything I could need materially, and I get to come home to North Augusta, SC pick up my maters and come home to my beautiful neighborhood and friendly neighbors. I think I could be here my whole life....which is good because there is a good chance I will be!

Now, you know I love talking about my food!! So heres the reason why I was out of tomatoes and needed more. I have become obsessed with this pasta dish I've been making! I've had it like 3 out of the past 5 nights!! SO...here it is:

Italian Tofu Pasta
Shirataki Tofu noodles - rinse really really well in colander and boil for like 3 minutes-drain.
1/2 sweet onion diced and sauteed in 1-2 tbsp light margarine
add diced tomato to sauteed onions
add garlic to onion/tomato mixture
spinach leaves
salt and pepper
add in cooked noodles and toss
total calories is 220 and it makes one large serving or two regular servings.

I add either Quorn meatless meatballs or chik'n bits to it for protein!! Which adds about 160-180 more calories.

SO DELICIOUS!
Hope y'all enjoy, love you! Layne

No comments: