Thursday, March 10, 2011

Are We Moved in Yet?

I wish I had some super excited and informative post today, but I dont. Yesterday movers came to the apartment at 8 am to pack our things. The first 20 minutes they were there I was hurling in the bathroom. Awesome. I then didn't feel like myself for the rest of the day! After lunch I felt so bad I slept for two hours in jeans (uncomfortable) on the carpet (we had no furniture) in the room that formerly served as our guest bedroom. We finally officially closed on our house about 4pm yesterday. There were a lot of documents to sign, and big relief on my part that it was finally taken care of. We are being moved into our house Friday morning, so for now everything we own is in a truck in a hub somewhere in Greenville and we are staying at Yia and Paw's house. Mo Mo is less than amused at the whole process. The boxes and packing got him so worked up that he was sick all day yesterday and we ended up just letting him stay in the car for several hours while we ran errands and met with the attorney. He was so glad to be with us he didn't even mind the restriction of being locked in the car. Our house is in the process of being painted and is supposed to be done by this evening, but I think that will be pulling off a miracle, however, the painter swears it will happen and also offered to add on another room to the job. We shall see. Chad's pool table has been ordered and will be installed on Saturday and we have a rug for that room and curtains ordered so his swanky billiards room will be all set. However, I've yet to acquire a couch/sectional/whatever. Due to the increased amount of stress in my life partnered with my crazy hormones and insomnia Chad convinced me to wait until we're settled to get the couch. Again, we shall see. For now I'm at work trying to stay awake and not obsess over the painters and movers and decor of the new house. Blah. It's not working. I am excited, though, because tonight I have a lovely low-key dinner with my girlfriends planned for a last hoorah before we move! I promise to update with any moving day shenanigans and stories that happen and pictures when things are settled. Til then here is the Tune-In Thursday play list for the week! Love ya, Layne

Tune-In Thursday

Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters- Elton John
Graceland- Paul Simon
Candy Shop- 50 cent
Another One Bites the Dust- Queen
Wading in the Velvet Sea- Phish
California- Joni Mitchell
Something to Lose- Corey Smith
I Saw the Light- Wynonna Judd
Lido Shuffle- Boz Scaggs
Zanzibar- Billy Joel

No comments: