Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nursery Sneak Peak

We still have a long way to go with the nursery, but here is a sneak peak at some of our first wall art, the crib, and this precious end table to sit next to our glider when we get it!



So these are 12x12 cherry wood frames with different patterns of scrap book paper with adorable butterfly cut outs! Thanks to sis-in-law, Nicole, for cutting the butterflies as I am not coordinated enough to work scissors that skillfully! I have a lot of the paper left over and I'm trying to decide what to do with it....I know I want her name or at least initials somewhere in the room, maybe I can modge podge the paper on some wooden letter blocks and spell out Noah Layne.....hmmm decisions decision!

A view of the wall that the crib is on, and with the pictures hung! My mother-in-law is making us a valance for the window so that will tie that wall together so nicely!! I'm going to Hobby Lobby to get fabric for it this afternoon!
Lastly, this is my most recent purchase. I got it this morning at a furniture consignment store in Augusta, and it's perfect to sit next to the glider to set things on, burp cloths, a picture frame, lamp, what-have-you! This is a teal painted wood piece and it's got a sweet lemon yellow undercoat showing though where someone has put a distressed finish on it! It matches perfectly and will be a nice relief from the very polished cherry wood of the crib and glider. I love the path I'm on with decorating but it's hard to imagine how it will all pull together!! I know one thing that will make it complete is a sweet little Noah baby!! Love y'all! Layne





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww, I LOVE it!! Noah is a very lucky little girl.