Sunday, January 10, 2010

This one is for Mary Lee and Lana

So I'm in Myrtle Beach for the weekend hanging out at the in-laws house after church about to eat some biscuits and gravy and my good old partner in crime, Mary Lee, called me to let me know she was upset that she had never seen my blog. I told her she wasn't stalking me hard enough. After a rousing story about a game of Jenga, our friend Scuba Steve, and reminiscing about old times I decided I needed to blog a little for her sake. I'm about to have a tonsillectomy and adenoid removal on Tuesday coming and I'm preparing lists of foods I can eat and movies for me to watch while I'm stuck in bed..here is what I have so far, I'd love some more suggestions:

Foods:
Chicken broth with garlic and butter
those frozen fruit popsicles
Ramen noodles
creamed corn
mint chocolate ice cream
mashed potatoes

Movies:
Pride and Prejudice- Keira Knightly version
Hannah Montana the movie
Baseketball
Love Actually
Phantom of the Opera

I love you, Man

Anyway, that's all I can think of right now, I'll probably have to document the whole procedure, and how busted and in pain I look after the fact.

I'm seriously glad the holidays are over, they weren't fun enough to be worth the hassle this year. I did enjoy seeing my parents in from Memphis for a short time and our nights spent at the beach with Chad's side of the family. We like to be there are much as possible to spend time with our nice and nephew. Here is a pic of Carson since I haven't posted one yet, it's actually the Christmas card pic Chad's parents sent out.

That's Jen and Justin on the left, Jen is due to have our second niece, Macy Elizabeth Floyd, on February 15th but I'm calling that she pops in January. Then Chad's oldest sister Nicole and her husband Craig, my second mom and dad (Greg and Carol) and our nephew Carson and niece, Taylor. I'll be sure to post some Christmas pics soon and update through out the surgery process, I mean what else am I going to do with two big holes in my throat and a liquid diet for 2 weeks. I'm going to feel like butt. Man. But to think I wont have sore throats anymore is divine. Til then, love your life. Live your life. Layne

No comments: