Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What really turns me on...

Got your attention didn't I?! Well, I'm sorry to say this will not be a 50 Shades of Gray-type post. I'm sure everyone who got directed here from a search engine looking for something naughty will be disappointed. I'm not going to talk about R-Patz and Zac Efron (although, they are delish...K-Stew what were you thinking...) I'm going to talk about my main man, the hubby....

It's funny because I was totally one of those girls that always dated jerks. I dated the guys who cheated on me, were embarrassed to let people know how serious we were, basically treated me like dirt. I had really low self-worth and self-esteem because of this, and I kinda dated- or was involved with one after the other after the other....how I ended up with such an amazing guy, is truly the Lord's work.

Now instead of wanting someone because they played games with me or messed with my mind enough to make me think I needed them to be happy, I am so insanely hot for my husband who is everything all of those guys were not. I'm turned on by a man who at any given day and at any given time is thinking about protecting and providing and doing what is best for me and our daughter. I have a man who is so insanely in love with our child that he'll change diapers, and wake up in the middle of the night, and get up early on my days off so I can sleep in just so he can spend more time with her. I have a man that makes me feel sexy, and I feel good about myself because of who he challenges me to be, not because he's messed with my self-esteem. I've got a man who loves his family; not just Noah and me, but his mom, dad, sisters, brothers-in-law, nieces and nephews. He talks to both of his parents, and both of his sisters- every single day. He tells his best friend he loves him before they hang up from a phone conversation. And y'all, you know what is best of all....he loves MY family. And we're straight cray-cray. He loves my parents, he loves my brothers (who in the past have threatened to kill him), and he loves my grandparents. He often says that he could hang with my grandparents all day, even if I wasn't with him. The thing I love the most-most-mostest about my man is that he loves the Lord. He is a great example to Noah and me, and everyone who is around him of how to serve the Lord and recognize His hand in all things. He tells me all of the time how grateful he is that our Heavenly Father has seen fit to bless us so abundantly. He takes zero credit for his success as a business owner, and zero credit for all that he has worked hard to provide us with. He gives it all up to the Lord in thanks and praise.

Noah and I are two lucky girls, and we don't ever forget it!! God has blessed our family by giving us the best husband and daddy ever- and it doesn't hurt that he's really really, ridiculously good looking! I hope all of you are so blessed! Peace and Love, Layne





2 comments:

andrea said...

Your hubby is hot ;)

Serious note, love this post. The thing I love most about my husband is how hard he works every day for our little family. Yay for proving good guys really do the girls!

andrea said...

Your hubby is hot ;)

Serious note, love this post. The thing I love most about my husband is how hard he works every day for our little family. Yay for proving good guys really do the girls!