Saturday, July 28, 2012

getting a few things off of my chest...

As y'all can see, I've made some changes to my blog: A new name, a new look, and I'm hoping a bit of a fresh start for me. I've been feeling very strongly lately that I need to start blogging again, to have an outlet for a whole slew of emotions, ideas, and opinions that have been jumbled up in my mind. This blog will be my catharsis, but also, I'm hoping that returning to this blog, with it's schnazy new look will help me keep focus, and prioritize what lately I've felt I have let fall to the wayside. Specifically, I want to be able to write about my growth as a Christian, my duties as a wife, and experiences as a mother. My desire is that I'll be able to strengthen myself in all three of my most important roles in life, and that by sharing myself with you we will be able to grow together, learn from one another, and have a little fun along the way.

So with my first post back in ages I'd like to get some things off of my chest, a few opinions, tidbits, and words of wisdom for you ;) I love y'all a ton, I'm excited to be writing again.
Peace and Love, Layne

~ God is good.
~ You will never regret a work out once it's over, it is an instant mood lifter.
~ Sing to your children, I promise you they will remember it, because I remember being sung to by my parents.
~ Give people the benefit of the doubt, always try and see the good in everyone. It will make you a much happier person!
~ I am so grateful for my friends who point me in the right direction, who love me no matter what and who "speak truth into me". <3
~ Pray out loud and with purpose, the Lord is really busy, so make sure you mean it!
~ Talk to your spouse. About everything. You have been given a built-in best friend, make use of them!
~ Always opt for more veggies!
~ Try not to beat yourself up about things, but don't ever settle for being mediocre.
~ Give God some QT each day.
~ So much media attention is being given to the Boy Scouts of America, and ChikfilA right now regarding their political and ethical decisions as organizations. I've mulled over it, and tossed and turned, and tried to think of eloquent things to say, and personal statements to make and all I can come up with that seems to express how I feel about it all is this: "Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matthew 22:36-40
~Go Team USA!

No comments: